Tax Offset / Overpayments / Collections

Questions Regarding My Overpayment

If you are currently receiving aid, please contact your worker to have your questions answered. They can also inform you of EBT payment methods and benefit reduction. If you are not seeing a monthly deduction, please contact your worker.

[Back to Top]

If your case has been discontinued, please contact the collection worker listed on your billing statement or use the listings below. We will assist you in setting up a payment plan.

For cases ending in:

  • 00-17 Everett S. — 558-2554
  • 18-24 Maria R. — 558-2408
  • 25-48 Serena D. — 558-3756
  • 49-74 Deborah D. — 558-2096
  • 75-89 Mariana G. — 558-3236
  • 90-99 Rosa V. — 558-2249

For Spanish please call:

  • 00-49 Mariana G. — 558-3236
  • 50-99 Rosa V. — 558-2249

For General Assistance call:

  • Donna K. — 558-1146

For Foster Care, AAP, IHSS, or Childcare call:

  • Gillian K. — 558-3982
[Back to Top]

If you do not have a case number, please call 558-2600 to leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.

If you wish to dispute the overpayment, please see the hearing review instructions included with your Notice of Action Form, or you may contact us to receive a copy of these instructions. There is a 90 day period available for filing.

[Back to Top]

If you are currently receiving aid, please call your worker for information on your overpayment. If your case is no longer active, please have your social security number and case number available and contact the worker listed on your statement.

[Back to Top]

We will continue to send you a statement for your own personal record of your payments on your account.

[Back to Top]

When benefits are issue that a person is not entitled to, regardless of the cause, those benefits must be repaid.

[Back to Top]

Our main office is located at:
251 E. Hackett Road, Modesto
Cashier Window hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

You may also make payments at our Turlock office:
101 Lander Road, Turlock
Cashier Window hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

[Back to Top]

You may pay with cash, check, money order or cashier check. Please do not send cash through the mail. We do not accept credit cards or debit cards at this time.

[Back to Top]

Payments are due by the 25th of the month. This ensures enough time to process the payment for the next billing cycle. If you are currently receiving benefits and they are being reduced to repay the overpayment, the billing statement is for informational purposes only.

[Back to Top]

For information regarding Tax Offset, please contact our office at 558-2600. Please leave your name, SSN, case number, and a current phone number where you may be reached.

If you wish to dispute a Tax Offset, contact your worker to file an Administrative Review. Or, you may contact our office at the number above.

[Back to Top]

Please note that due to confidentiality laws, we are only able to speak with the responsible party or their authorized representative. Please leave the key information so we can research your case before we return your call.

[Back to Top]